Sometimes your phone creates two or more copies of a one contact only. This happens once you factory reset a device and synchronise contacts or changing the SIM. This will completely clutter the contacts, making it exhausting to navigate through the contacts.
Now, you can always manually delete the contacts each and every copy of the all your contacts, however this may take forever. Don’t worry, we say you few easy tricks to remove duplicate contacts from your device.
Here we are going to show you many methods to delete the duplicate contacts.
Recommended: Ways to fix iPhone Won’t download or Update Apps
Method 1: Deleting the Duplicate contacts from the Phone Contacts:
Many of the andriod phones come with Built-in contacts merging option. The phone will scan all contacts and allow you delete all duplicate contacts with same numbers and email address.
Access your Contacts app and faucet on the menu button. From the menu button, click on “Merge accounts” and then tap on “Merge with Google”. and after tap on “OK” button and all your contacts are going to be merged.
This will merge the accounts and delete duplicate contacts that were created because of multiple accounts. Therefore this method won’t be able to address all the duplicate contacts.
Recommended: How to dry out the wet iPhone? Ways to Fix
Method 2: Using Gmail to delete duplicate contacts:
If you wish to keep your data backed up, then most likely you have got enabled contact syncing with Gmail. It is a integral feature of android that will sync all of your contacts along with your Gmail account that is connected to your phone.
If it is enabled, then you will be able to delete all duplicate contacts from your device without even touching it.
- Open your Gmail account and click on “Gmail” which is at the left menu. From the drop menu, click on “Contacts” and it dispays all your contacts.
- After that, you click on “More” which is at the top of the screen and from the drop menu, click on “Find & Merge Duplicates…”
- After a some time, you may see all the your duplicate contacts. You can uncheck any contact if you wish to keep it, otherwise, simply click on “Merge” and all your duplicate contacts will be merged.
- This should merge all the duplicate contacts in your device which is connected to that Gmail account.How to Delete Duplicate Contacts on iPhone:
1) Reduce redundant iPhone contacts in iCloud:
Here we can sync iPhone contacts to iCloud and delete duplicate contacts on pc browser manually, that is faster and lot of convenient than in iPhone.
- Set up iCloud account in iPhone if you have not. Now Go to “Settings”, scroll all the way down to find iCloud and sign in along with your Apple ID.
- Check and ensure Contacts has been unabled for syncing with iCloud.
- Visit icloud.com on pc with the similar ID and check whether all your contacts are there. If not, wait for a moment. It will take some time to finish the sync.
- Multi-select all the duplicate contacts with mouse by pressing “Ctrl” key.
- Click the gear icon which is at the bottom-left corner and select the“Delete” option.
- On iPhone, ensure that Contacts is syncing with iCloud, and check whether there are any duplicate contacts.
Recommended: Best Volume Booster Apps for Android SmartPhones
2) Merge duplicate contacts in iPhone by using Gmail:
- Set up the Google account in iPhone.
- Make sure that Contacts are sync with Google.
3. Visit mail.google.com on pc with the similar account.
4.Click on the triangle icon which is near by Gmail and select “Contacts” option.
5.In the new page, check whether all your contacts are there or not . If not, wait a moment. It will take some time to finish the sync.
6.Then now click on the “Find duplicates” from the left column.
7.You can select merge all duplicate contacts or dismiss some.
8. Check your iPhone contact list. Make sure that Contacts is syncing with Google/Gmail.